- Voice-Activated Navigation
- Equipment Group 502A Luxury
- Lariat Chrome Appearance Package
- Lariat Sport Appearance Package
- FX4 Off-Road Package
- Trailer Tow Package
- Radio: Sony Single CD w/HD & SiriusXM Satellite
- Air Conditioning
- Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler
- Power steering
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Front & Rear Off-Road Tuned Shock Absorbers
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column w/Memory
- Speed-sensing steering
- Traction control
- Upgraded Front Stabilizer Bar
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- ABS brakes
- Body-Color Front & Rear Bumpers
- Dual front impact airbags
- Dual front side impact airbags
- Front anti-roll bar
- Front wheel independent suspension
- Low tire pressure warning
- Occupant sensing airbag
- Overhead airbag
- Remote Start System w/Remote Tailgate Release
- Twin Panel Moonroof
- BLIS Blind Spot Information System
- Brake assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Delay-off headlights
- Fully automatic headlights
- 4x4 FX4 Off-Road Bodyside Decal
- Accent-Color 3-Bar Style Grille
- Accent-Color Angular Step Bars
- Box Side Decal
- LED Side-Mirror Spotlights
- Power Glass Sideview Mirr w/Chrome Skull Caps
- Quad Beam LED Headlamps & Taillamps
- Rear step bumper
- Single-Tip Chrome Exhaust
- Tailgate Step w/Tailgate Lift Assist
- 110V/400W Outlet
- Driver door bin
- Driver vanity mirror
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Outside temperature display
- Passenger vanity mirror
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist
- Reverse Sensing System
- SYNC 3
- Telescoping steering wheel
- Tilt steering wheel
- 2nd Row Heated Seats
- Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
- Split folding rear seat
- Extended Range 36 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Passenger door bin
- Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Wheels: 20" 6-Spoke Premium Painted Aluminum
- Auto High Beam w/Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Variably intermittent wipers
- Electronic Locking w/3.31 Axle Ratio
- **FORD SYNC**
- **HEATED/COOLED SEATS**
- **POWER SUNROOF/MOONROOF**
- **AWD/4X4/ALL WHEEL DRIVE/4WD**
The 2016 F-150 has to be many things to many people. From work truck to cruiser, offroad vehicle to boat hauler, there is an F-150 for virtually every task. As a result, the lineup is diverse. There are four engines available on the F-150, six trims, and several body options.
The most basic engine is a 3.5L V6, which produces 283 horsepower and 255 pound-feet of torque, allowing for a tow rating of 7,600 pounds, which bests other competitors when equipped with their basic V6 engines. The next step up is a 2.7L turbocharged V6 that makes 325 horsepower and 355 pound-feet of torque. A bigger 3.5L turbocharged V6 makes 365 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque, helping the F-150 rate a class-leading towing spec of 12,200 pounds. The top-of-the-line 5.0L V8 makes 385 horsepower.
Trims include XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited. The basic XL trim is available with three different cab sizes and three different bed lengths in either 2WD or 4WD configurations. Owing to its work-truck pretensions, the XL is relatively light on bells and whistles, with just basic utilities like an AM/FM radio and a 4.2-inch screen in the center stack.
The XLT, while still relatively basic, adds chrome bumpers, Ford's SYNC 3 system, fog lamps, an alarm, air conditioning, automatic headlamps, cruise control, keyless entry, power windows, a powered tailgate and power door locks.
Lariat trimmed F-150s start to venture into more luxurious territory and are only available with extended or crew cab cabins. Standard equipment on the Lariat includes power folding door mirrors, a rearview camera, 18-inch wheels, ambient interior lighting, steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, a power sliding rear window, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather-trimmed seats, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, SiriusXM satellite radio and an 8-inch touchscreen.
King Ranch versions come standard with the 5.0L V8 engine, a crew cab cabin and two-tone exterior paint. Other features on the King Ranch include LED box lighting, LED headlamps, lots of exterior chrome, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals and an auto-dimming feature on the driver's side, a remote starter, heated front and rear seats, wood interior trim and dual zone climate control.
The Platinum version is the urban cousin to the King Ranch trim. Like the King Ranch, it's only available with a crew cab and the 5.0L V8. It also features a voice-activated navigation system, unique 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, LED side mirror spotlights, power deployable running boards, aluminum interior trim and a leather wrapped and heated steering wheel.
Finally, the new Limited trim rides on 22-inch wheels and makes standard a whole range of convenience items that are optional on lesser trims. These include a 360-degree camera with split-view display, remote tailgate release, a twin-panel moonroof, and more.
Special Edition packages available on XLT and Lariat trims add appearance items such as unique 20-inch wheels with red sport lettering, black running boards, smoked headlamps, and exterior graphics, while the interiors benefit from special seats with Alacantara inserts and red contrast stitching throughout.
The Ford F-150 was completely redesigned for 2015, so for 2016 it receives only minor updates. Among the changes, a Pro Trailer Backup Assist greatly aids drivers of all skill levels in maneuvering a trailer while in reverse. Users simply turn a knob left or right to indicate desired direction and the F-150 adjusts its steering and speed to comply. Ford's latest SYNC 3 infotainment system replaces MyFord Touch as a more intuitive option for users. F-150s equipped with the 5.0L V8 offer a new option for running on propane or compressed natural gas, while new special edition packages are available on XLT and Lariat trims. Finally, a new Limited trim tops the range and packages goodies like 22-inch wheels and several convenience options.